If you installed ColdFusion 8 and later wanted to move the CFIDE (ColdFusion Administrator) folder to a more secure location, here’s what you need to do:
- Select a new location for the CFIDE folder.
- Stop all ColdFusion and JRun services.
- Make a copy of the CFIDE folder and place it in the new location.
- Locate the file neo-runtime.xml. It is usually located in here:
- Create a copy and edit this file.
- Search for ‘C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE’ or something similar if you chose a different location on installation.
- Replace the text, e.g. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE, with the new location string. e.g.[drive]:\CFIDE or whatever the new location you have chosen.
- Save and close neo.runtime.xml .
- Delete the CFIDE folder that you no longer wish to use.
- Update the physical path in Microsoft IIS to reflect the new location of the CFIDE virtual directory. This should now be the new location of the CFIDE folder.
- Start all ColdFusion and JRun services
- Log into the ColdFusion Administration
- Browse to Mappings and confirm that CFIDE is now mapped to the new location.
The above instructions assume you’ve the following installed:
- A Windows Operating System with IIS web server
- Adobe ColdFusion 8 Multiserver with JRun4